Saturday, August 27, 2011

Whew!! Finally finished!




I can't believe I finished my television console.  I started out with a yard sale find and some Rustoleum spray
paint.

I love this stuff. 

I bought the primer and the glossy spray paint.  I didn't know if it would like it, but I do.  Yellow is one of my favorite colors though. It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but it matches my living room and brings out the gold in my new wall color.  The wall used to look green for some reason.  Anyway I like the room alot better now.  

For my first piece I learned alot about painting furniture.  I looked on the internet trying to get some ideas.  I've posted some of my favorite sites so that you can look at what they've done and maybe come up with some ideas of your own. 

I really liked http://www.censationalgirl.com/.  She does some really pretty pieces and they are so great looking.  Her last piece was a blue/grey and it gives it that french country look.  My style isn't french country at all. I call it "Debbie's style".  That way how can I go wrong?

The top of the console I painted black and I painted the handles black.  It really turned out pretty good. 

Well, with that said I hope my console gives you some different ideas about how you can fix your yard sale furniture.  Keep checking back for some more furniture redos.


No comments:

Post a Comment