Thursday, August 25, 2011

My yard sale and thrift store finds!

While I've been out looking for items to fill my home I enjoy going to yard sales and thrift store. While involved on my makeover in my dining room I don't think I spent more than $10 for any one of my pieces.

The silver mirror was a yard sale find and it was a very yucky gold.  The mirror had pine straw stuck in the sides and I also bought an oval mirror along with it for a grand total of $10 for both. It was also gold. I painted it turquoise and draw brushed it with silver nickel paint.

The two decorator pieces on the side of the mirror I bought at a thrift store for $1.


The silver platter I purchased it at a thrift store for $1 and the green apples I did have to buy them at TJMaxx(one of my favorite stores).


The sand candle in the glass jar I received as a Christmas gift last year and really didn't have a good place to put it until now.


The buffet belonged to my grandmother and it's at least 100 yrs., old.  It wasn't in the best of conditions and we(my mom and dad) had to help me glue the top back on and paint it and the pulls.
This is what it looked like before we painted it.
I thought it turned out pretty good. Let me know what you think.


                              




Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment